This registration is to be used for anyone interested in trying out for a Central CT Youth Hockey Midget (U15-U18) Travel teams for the 2023 Split-Season. Any player who is trying out for travel hockey is required to register for tryouts.
Midget (U15-U18) tryouts will be April 4-April 6
SCHEDULE AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
300 Alumni Rd.
Newington, CT 06111
Tryout Fee: 75.00
REGISTRATION CLOSE DATE
TRYOUT REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY April 3rd . The tryout fee of $75.00 is due at the time of online registration.
Welcome to the 2023 – 2024 Central CT Youth Hockey Tryouts. After another challenging season, we are happy to report the program remains in great shape to maintain our strong status for this upcoming season. The program has continued its’ strong status in CHC and we are showing signs of growth again this season.
Most people worry about where their child ends up in the pecking order of A, B, C. We should all be very fortunate that our children even have this opportunity to play the great sport of hockey. Please keep things in perspective during the tryout season and be courteous of the many hours our volunteers spend during the evaluation process. The evaluation committee will place your child in the position where they feel they have the best chance for growth and success.
This past season was very rewarding for our players and the overall membership in general. Starting at Learn to Play and our In House programs, we were able to witness the future of our program, peddling around the rink in October without much of a stride to seeing them progress by the end of the year playing small area games and moving the puck around the rink quite well. Our House League program continued with 5 teams with the goal being a smoother transition to travel hockey. We have enjoyed success at all levels and that is a true testament to the dedicated coaches and program volunteers that we have.
We are looking forward to another great season here at Central. Our fees are very competitive for our region and we have some of the most dedicated board members, coaches, managers and parents of any program in the state. We offer two practice sheets per week and we also mix in a good number of competitive games for all levels. A lot of our success comes from the many hours, days and years of volunteer work from our membership. Please join our group of dedicated helpers this season. Ask what you can do to help the organization!
If a player is evaluated and their skills are not ready for travel hockey, then we will recommend that the player stay in the house program. Our main focus is to place the kids on teams where they have the best chance to succeed while developing their skills.
Best wishes for a succesful conclusion of this season and a healthy off season and we look forward to a great (and more normal) 2023-2024 season!
Anthony Giusto (Juice)
- Players will be evaluated by a group of no less than 3 evaluators with extensive hockey backgrounds. At least two of the evaluators will be from outside the organization. Coaches/parents will not have any input on the evaluations.
- Each age group will have one CCYHA Board Member overseeing that groups evaluators and placements. That CCYHA Board Member will not have a child in that age group and will be the only person allowed in the evaluation room.
- All Teams and Coaches will be picked soon after the conclusion of the final tryout and teams will be posted on the CCYHA website no later than two weeks after the conclusion of tryouts.
- After the players are placed on their respective teams, we will have an open house at the Newington Arena on April 8th from 9AM – 1PM to do uniform fittings (for those players that need uniforms).
- Please refrain from any contact or attempts to engage in any type of conversations with the evaluation committee and coaches during the tryout process. The committee is there to provide a service to our program and their objective is to pick the teams based on skill levels, performance, and past evaluations.
- The evaluation process consists of the following:
- 3 independent evaluators first ranking the players into two groups after the first tryout session, then ranking the players during the final tryout session and place them on teams.
- One CCYHA Board Member will oversee each age group. That Board Member will not have a child in that age group.
- Upon completion of the on ice tryout process, our 3 evaluators and Board Member overseeing that age group will review the evaluators placements and will consult the players evaluations done by the previous seasons coaches to look for any inconsistencies in placement.
Goalies are asked to report to the first tryout by alphabetical last name. Goalies will then be split and will attend tryout sessions 2 and 3 in either Group 1 or Group 2. All goalies are required to attend the goalie only session conducted by ProCrease.
Midget U15-U18 Travel Tryouts